Friday, January 9, 2009

I made it...

well relatively speaking... I"m still breathing, have all my limbs, phalanges, most of my hair is still on my head and I'm still standing (well currently sitting)!  I guess the face that I am actually blogging is a good sign in itself!  So this was my first week back at school since having CG and it was EXHAUSTING.  I fought the daily urge to come home and pass out as soon as my feet hit the carpet, I couldn't look at the bed with having breast pump or hungry baby in hand and I dare not sit still watching TV in increments any smaller than 15 minutes.  Today i was running from my classroom (no organization, or tidiness what so ever) as if one of the little rascals had set my lesson plans a blaze and the flames had taken over the school.  Typically I stay in my room to pump, but not today- the pain of having my liquid gold collecting was not enough to hold me there.  I got home just in time to say good bye to my mother (who had been down this week to keep CG) and to find that CG was peacefully sleeping.  I was filled with excitement at the thought of a nap...BUT WAIT  I must do mommy stuff... clean bottles, collect random socks fallen through the house and then run daycare paper work to the daycare- so much for that glorious nap!  So here I am at 9:24 drinking Pepsi, blogging and about to hem my husbands pants in an attempt to last until the next feeding so that I can sleep uninterrupted for the night!  Being a working mommy has given me the new idea that if I start to play the lottery on a daily basis maybe i could win some money and be a stay at home mom until CG starts school-THAT SOUNDS SO GREAT TO ME!  But I don't gamble- we are far too money conscious to through money away with the glimmer of hope that we have 1 chance in none to actually win any considerable amount of money.  I suppose Monday I will take CG to daycare, grab a SBX latte and face the week ahead of me!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ok so I totally understand you as a working teacher/mommy. You want to come home and see baby but have to many things to do! I feel like I am constantly preparing for the next thing! If you ever need to talk...I understand!!

The Gentry's

The Gentry's