Saturday, January 3, 2009

Books from Birth

When Caileb was born I immediately enrolled him in the Books from Birth program- books from birth is a TN program that falls under the Imagination Library umbrella.  This programs provides a new, age-appropriate, hardcover book every month to children from birth to age five at no cost to the family, regardless of income.  Today Caileb got his first book in the mail, "The Little Engine That Could."  I have been reading books to Caileb since birth but today as I read each page, Caileb was very aware of the pictures.  As I turned each page I could see his little eyes scan the pages taking in the various colors and images on the page.  I know he doesn't understand what is being read, but I talked with him and pointed out various things just as I will continue to do with the hope that one day (sooner rather than later) he will be pointing and asking questions of his own!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love your blog Sid...this makes me smile

The Gentry's

The Gentry's