Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good Bye 2008...

As this year comes to a close I reflect on  the past 365 days, here is a list of the most memorable events/things:

1.  Teaching... although this was really a blessing of 2007 I will list it here because I stayed at the same place!  When we first moved to Murfreesboro I had no clue there were 2 school systems (county and city) and had practically given up the hope of getting a job in teaching.  2 weeks before the city schools were set to begin, I discovered that there were a few job openings and originally was hired as an interim- 3 weeks into the year I was offered a full time position at Northfield Elementary school where I still teach 1st grade, have a great team of teachers and work with the greatest staff!

2.  January 3rd- I had an emergecy surgery to have an ovarian cyst removed.  the cyst and my ovary were so intwined that the surgeon took my right ovary :( 

3.  March 28th- Ricas and I discovered we were expecting our first child.  (This makes #2 a blessing!)

4.  August 5th we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary- we have been together for 5 years now and I am amazed that each day I love my husband more and more!

5.   My Aunt Lizzie passed away, she had dealt with illness for the past few years and is now resting with God and His angels!

6.  My grandmother had a bone marrow biopsy and everything came back negative! 

7.  November 18, 2008 @ 6:24 pm we celebrated the birth of our son!

8. Getting to see 2009

No comments:

The Gentry's

The Gentry's