Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Bucket List

I have been wanting to do this for a while now, but never took the time to actually make a list. So here goes my bucket list, things I want to do before I die! Some of these things I will accomplish within the year, others it may be quite a few years; but at least I have goals. This list is in no particular order... I will add to this list... and I may even take things off my list. I will blog about each experience and try to capture photographs when I can! Follow along with me and get ready for the ride- I can imagine it will be full of fun!!!


1. Go on our honeymoon
2. Have a girls weekend
3. Go to an Essence Music Festival
4. Get my Masters
5. Go to Las Vegas
6. Visit Savannah, Georgia
7. Run a 5K
8. Sing karaoke
9. Get out of debt
10. Learn to make pottery
11. Vacation at the beach
12. Take a trip to California
13. Work out consistently, at least 3 times a week (for longer than 2 weeks)
14. Travel outside the US
15. Buy a house
16. Create a trust fund for Caileb
17. Get a complete makeover
18. Photograph NYC (which I guess includes visiting NYC)
19. Fly kites
20. Establish myself as a photographer
21. Learn to knit
22. Photograph love- capture an image that summarizes the emotion (completed 1/16/11, read about it here)
23. Photograph sunset at a beach
24. Photograph sunrise over water
25. Discover my life’s purpose
26. Learn to say “no” without feeling guilty
27. Go to movies solo
28. Help with a Habitat for Humanity build
29. Pay for a stranger’s meal at random
30. Make a financial donation to a charity
31. Plan a party (other than Caileb’s birthdays)
32. Provide a complete Christmas for a family in need- gifts & food
33. Have or go to a painting party
34. Visit a vineyard
35. Go horseback riding
36. Go skiing
37. Spend a weekend at a 5-star spa
38. Go to a UK football game (my husband reminded me that I went to a game with a friend before we moved to TN, when I locate a picture I will mark this completed- until then I'll just say IN PROGRESS)
39. Go to an NFL football game (complete 12/19/10, read about it here)
40. Raise a happy & healthy child (in progress)
41. Be a foster parent
42. Adopt a child
43. Have family rituals & traditions to celebrate holidays
44. Create my family tree
45. Renew our wedding vows for our 10 year anniversary
46. Get together with extended family at least once a year
47. Make a difference in at least one person’s life (I hope this is in progress)
48. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
49. Plant a garden
50. Join a disaster relief effort
51. Create a cookbook (not original recipes, but ones that I enjoy and like cooking, something to pass on)
52. Go to a Broadway play
53. Watch a Cirque du Soleil show in person
54. Go to the Kentucky Derby
55. Hand out money to total strangers
56. Be a member in the audience of a TV show
57. Get a henna tattoo
58. Travel solo
59. Throw someone a surprise party
60. Go to a masquerade
61. Take a 365 day challenge (a few options)
Write in a journal
Learn a new word every day
Do some sort of exercise for 20 minutes every day
Save $3 every single day
Take a photo every day
62. Learn to, and go, snorkel
63. Swim with dolphins
64. Go white water rafting
65. Go on a cruise
66. Ride a mechanical bull
67. Walk through a corn maze
68. Go- go kart racing
69. Go whale-watching (well, maybe!?)
70. Visit Niagra Falls
71. Visit the San Diego Zoo
72. Milk a cow
73. Ride an elephant
74. See the Grand Canyon
75. Visit Yosemite National Park
76. Witness a meteor shower
77. See pyramids in Egypt
78. Go to an art museum
79. Vacation in St. Croix
80. Visit the Coney Island Boardwalk
81. Visit the Hershey Chocolate Factory

No comments:

The Gentry's

The Gentry's