Friday, July 11, 2008

Finally!

It was almost like waiting for Christmas morning to finally get here, these past 2 weeks have gone by fairly slow in anticipation of the big day! After all the waiting, it was worth it! We got to the doctor's office and about 5 minutes into the ultrasound the tech said the 3 words I'd been waiting to hear "It's a boy." I didn't care what she told us it was I just wanted to know and now I do, so it's official- we're having a Caileb! At this point we're still at a loss for middle names, we've toyed aroudn with a few but none have been suitable for the both of us. My suggestion is that we name him Caileb Antonio Eugene Gentry (both middle names are family names- Antonio was my grandfather, and Eugene is a generational Gentry name). Ricas says no because it's too much, but I like it and I will be pushing for that name. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

At any rate, back to the appointment, Dr. Chesney said that Caileb looks great, very healthy and no concerns. We are right on track (although according to the ultrasound my due date is now 2 days earlier than expected, but what's 2 days after 10 months anyway?!)

I think I'm going to change the name of this blog to Caileb's Mommy... that sounds good (especially since he's not a bean any more)!

New this week: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

2 comments:

Ponice's World said...

I'm so happy for you. I know you can't wait. Caileb is going to be one happy little boy. Peace and blessings to you. Ponice

Anonymous said...

Any person with 4 names is guaranteed to be pretty freakin' awesome!!

The Gentry's

The Gentry's